What's going on at The Life Nomadic?

8/27/07

Coming soon to a television near you...

The South Pole Project:

In the South Pole, temperatures can drop to more than 100 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. Now, witness as engineers go up against staggering odds to build a 160,000-square-foot, high-tech science facility in this frozen wasteland. Through exclusive access granted by the National Science Foundation, NGC"s cameras give viewers a glimpse of the intense danger & physical challenges of working in one of most inhospitable places on the planet.

source: The National Geographic Channel

Looks like it airs on the evening of September 6th, 12a on the 7th and again at 1pm on the 8th (I'm assuming times are EST..?)

Watch the show and see where I'll be spending February through November of '08. I've alluded to it before, but I've signed a 14 month contract. The first half of it is the normal McMurdo contract that I've been doing, the 2nd half I will be the Power Plant Mechanic at the South Pole. I'll be wintering with approximately 54 other people, completely isolated from the world for 8 months (or so)

tape it for me and send it down :)

No comments: